Pieced Lap App Cover - 1 Day
Pieced Lap App Cover
With Sue Spargo
Join Our 1 Day Studio Class!
Take your Lap App to the next level! Join Sue in this 1-Day Studio Class to create your own pieced cover. In class, you’ll get suggestions for what to add to your cover as well as options for accessories and useful modifications to enhance your Lap App.
- 1 Day of instruction from Sue
- Afternoon snack and refreshments
What You'll Learn In Class:
- Flip & Sew piecing
- Lap App cover construction
- and more!
- Muslin fabric cut to 13" x 17" (to be used as a base for piecing)
- An good assortment of scrap fabrics either cotton, wool, or eco-dyed
- (finished piece is 12" x 16")
- Fusible fleece cut to 12" x 8"
- 1/4" flat braided elastic cut to 21"
- Freezer paper, pencil and paper scissors
- An assortment of needles ie. Chenille #24 & #18, Milliners #3, #1, & #15, Short Darner #11 or Straw Needles #10
- Efina 60wt cotton thread
- 50wt thread or heavier for basting
- Applique or Quilting pins
- Roll & Press
- Hot Ruler
- Bohin Glue Stick Pen
- Embroidery and Fabric scissors
- Journal and pen for note taking
- Stitch Spacing Ruler
- Sewline Trio Chalk Pencil
- Flatter Smoothing Spray (optional)
- Creative Stitching (optional)
- Lap App and pattern (pattern is included with the Lap App!)
- (optional) Perfect Press Wool Mat
- (optional) Lap App Sewing Box
- Sewing machine + machine sewing thread (OR RENT ONE OF OURS!*)
*Sewing machine rental - $10 per day | Please reserve ahead of time | Only 2 available
Cancellation Policy for Classes and Events
Cancellation fees reflect the cost of registration, staff, instructor contracts, material acquisitions, and other services. This policy applies to all registrants, regardless of the reason for canceling. We encourage you to take our cancellation policies into consideration before registering for classes.
If you need to cancel your registration, you have the following options:
Registrants who cancel their enrollment in a workshop held in our Ohio studio may make a one-time transfer to any other workshop held in our studio.
- Transfers may be made either in the current workshop season, or any workshop in the following year. Transfers must be made more than 30 days prior to the workshop.
If you prefer not to transfer your workshop registration, the following fees apply:
- More than 60 days prior to the workshop, refund of your deposit minus a 20% cancellation fee.
- Less than 60 days prior to the workshop, no refunds will be issued.
Registrants are able to send someone in their place into the workshop for no additional fee. In this case, no refunds will be issued, payment arrangements are the responsibility of the original registrant if needed
Class is held in our Ohio Studio Thursday, April 13th from 9am - 4pm.
Supplies are available for purchase in-store during class if not purchased ahead of time. We highly encourage supply purchases to be made ahead of time, as to not take away from class time.
For suggestions for hotel accommodations and other questions, email Julia at email@example.com