Indigo Vases - 5 Days
with Sue Spargo
Join our 5 day Studio Class!
This small wall quilt features a soft neutral, hand-dyed wool background with 9 small indigo vases filled with beautiful flowers! For homework, you will prepare a layered and textured background, then in class, embellish your vases and arrange your "stitched bouquet" with all new techniques! Leave this 5 day class with a new beginning to an incredible quilt!*This is a highly sought after class! Don't delay in registering!
- 5 days of instruction from Sue
- Breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack including coffee & tea.
What You'll Learn in Class:
- Textural stems and leaves
- English Paper Piecing
- Ruched Stems
- Dorset buttons and Domes
- Ribbon flowers
- Hexi flowers
- Techniques for beading
- and More!
Homework is REQUIRED!
You can purchase your Indigo Vases Kit HERE! or request your paper pattern by emailing Julia at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finished homework (get your kit HERE! Kit is not necessary, but homework is required!)
- Freezer paper, pencil and paper scissors
- # 9 Short Darner and #11 Short Darner needles for beading and cotton appliqué
- # 24 Chenille needle for wool appliqué and embroidery
- # 18 Chenille needle for couching
- # 3 , #1 and #15 Milliners needle for wrapped stitches
- Efina 60wt cotton thread and Ellana 50/50 wool thread for appliqué
- InvisaFil for EPP
- Applique pins
- Bohin pencil glue stick
- Hexagon papers (1/4", 3/8", 1/2")
- Embroidery and Fabric scissors
- Circle Ruler and/or Hexagon Ruler
- Stitch Spacing Ruler
- Sewline Trio Chalk Pencil
- Creative Stitching Book
Fabrics for Homework ((if not using kit) email email@example.com for your pattern))
- Fat 1/4 (cream or grey tone) hand-dyed wool for background (16" x 25")
- Neutral color matching ribbons
- Small pieces of neutral fabrics - cotton prints, silk, linens, yarn dyed fabrics - for layering the background
- Nine 4" x 5" pieces of hand-dyed wool in shades of indigo or color of your choosing for the vases
Fabrics for Class
- Different colors of hand-dyed wool and cotton scraps for leaves and flowers
- Assorted small pieces of textural fabrics including hand-dyed velvet, silks and linens
- 1/4 yard of Presto Sheer for stabilizing velvet
- Assorted skinny ribbons for stems
Threads and Bits
- Perle cotton threads ie. Eleganza, HOB and Painter's Threads
- Razzle or Dazzle
- Nami and/or Shinju threads
- Silk Eyelash
- Silk & Ivory threads
- #24 silk thread
- #11 Seed Beads for beading
- *almost anything goes! This is YOUR project!
Cancellation Policy for Classes and Events
Cancellation fees reflect the cost of registration, staff, instructor contracts, material acquisitions, and other services. This policy applies to all registrants, regardless of the reason for canceling. We encourage you to take our cancellation policies into consideration before registering for classes.
If you need to cancel your registration, you have the following options:
Registrants who cancel their enrollment in a workshop held in our Ohio studio may make a one-time transfer to any other workshop held in our studio.
- Transfers may be made either in the current workshop season, or any workshop in the following year. Transfers must be made more than 30 days prior to the workshop.
If you prefer not to transfer your workshop registration, the following fees apply:
- More than 60 days prior to the workshop, refund of your deposit minus a 20% cancellation fee.
- Less than 60 days prior to the workshop, no refunds will be issued.
Registrants are able to send someone in their place into the workshop for no additional fee. In this case, no refunds will be issued, payment arrangements are the responsibility of the original registrant if needed
Class is held in our Ohio Studio Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, October 9th thru October 13th from 9am - 4pm.
Supplies are available for purchase in-store during class if not purchased ahead of time. We ask that you purchase supplies ahead of time, as to not take away from class time.
For suggestions for hotel accommodations and other questions, email Julia at firstname.lastname@example.org