Yorkshire Buttons with Kelly
Elevate your projects with Yorkshire Buttons!
Learn to create a variety of Yorkshire Buttons that can be used for garments, or as decorative elements for your current project like flowers, cacti, berries and more! Instructed by Sue's daughter, Kelly, using Gina-B Silkworks' methods.
Skill level: Beginner
In this class, you will learn:
- How to warp the loom
- How to make Yorkshire Buttons using a variety of threads and fibers
- How to change color throughout your weaving
- How Yorkshire Buttons can be used or applied to your current project
"Learning new techniques is always fun for me so I signed up for the Yorkshire Button class at Sue Spargo's. It was a fun and informative class, and it's always fun to meet new people who share the same passions." - Lori O.
"My sister, Marilyn and I attended the Yorkshire Button class last summer. We had seen samples of these embellishments and were anxious to learn the technique. We attended the class with a friend who was also interested. The three of us has a wonderful time and enjoyed Kelly's instruction. And all the ideas! We love the ladybug design and made a few for ongoing projects, and hoping to add more to future projects! We love classes at Sue Spargo's and her staff are wonderful people who help and inspire us every time we are there. A very fun class!" - Elinor and Marilyn N.
The Yorkshire Button class was a blast! Kelly was an excellent instructor and guide on this adventure. Who knew you could create such sweet little motifs with Yorkshire Buttons? Not just flowers, which are wonderful, but adorable little ladybugs, crabs and so much more! Great, fun class! - Carrie H.
- Yorkshire Buttons Pattern Booklet
- Yorkshire Button Kit
- Yorkshire Button Large Loom Pack (optional)
- #3, 5 and 8 Eleganza or HOB Perle Cotton
- Needles: Tapestry 20 and 24
- Small amount of Polyfil
All supplies are available for purchase in our store or at suespargo.com!
Cancellation Policy for Classes and Events
Cancellation fees reflect the cost of registration, staff, instructor contracts, material acquisitions, and other services. This policy applies to all registrants, regardless of the reason for canceling. We encourage you to take our cancellation policies into consideration before registering for classes.
If you need to cancel your registration, you have the following options:
Registrants who cancel their enrollment in a workshop held in our Ohio studio may make a one-time transfer to any other workshop held in our studio.
- Transfers may be made either in the current workshop season, or any workshop in the following year. Transfers must be made more than 30 days prior to the workshop.
If you prefer not to transfer your workshop registration, the following fees apply:
- More than 60 days prior to the workshop, refund of your deposit minus a 20% cancellation fee.
- Less than 60 days prior to the workshop, no refunds will be issued.
Registrants are able to send someone in their place into the workshop for no additional fee. In this case, no refunds will be issued, payment arrangements are the responsibility of the original registrant if needed