Rope Bowls with Bonnie
Expand your skills and elevate your space!
In this workshop, we will work with cotton sash cord to create a trivet, coaster and two bowls. With instruction from creative mastermind, Bonnie, leave this workshop with a completed project! Perfect for storing your sewing essentials, organizing bits and bobs, or adding a pop of color to your space - we can't wait to see what you can create!
Skill level: Beginner
In this class, you will learn:
- How to sew using a zig zag stitch
- How to make a coiled basket, trivet and coaster using cotton sash cord
- How to add in cotton fabric to add interest and experiment with color
"I took Bonnie's rope bowl class and she is an excellent teacher. She was well prepared with lots of demonstrations and she had previous bowls she made for us to view. We were not rushed and Bonnie walked around observing us as we created and offered tips to make it easier and answered any questions we had. I definitely recommend this class." - Darlene W.
"I had a blast creating these rope bowls! Following the class, I was inspired to make
many more to give as gifts to my family and friends." - Elaine R.
Each workshop registration will receive a Rope Bowl Starter Kit that includes cotton sash cording for two bowls, one trivet and one coaster.
You will also need to bring:
- Sewing machine with zig zag capabilities
- 50wt cotton thread (white or ecru)
- Pre-filled bobbins with 50wt cotton thread (white or ecru)
- Cotton fabric scraps (at least 3/4" wide)
- Jeans/Denim needles
- Glue stick
Cancellation Policy for Classes and Events
Cancellation fees reflect the cost of registration, staff, instructor contracts, material acquisitions, and other services. This policy applies to all registrants, regardless of the reason for canceling. We encourage you to take our cancellation policies into consideration before registering for classes.
If you need to cancel your registration, you have the following options:
Registrants who cancel their enrollment in a workshop held in our Ohio studio may make a one-time transfer to any other workshop held in our studio.
- Transfers may be made either in the current workshop season, or any workshop in the following year. Transfers must be made more than 30 days prior to the workshop.
If you prefer not to transfer your workshop registration, the following fees apply:
- More than 60 days prior to the workshop, refund of your deposit minus a 20% cancellation fee.
- Less than 60 days prior to the workshop, no refunds will be issued.
Registrants are able to send someone in their place into the workshop for no additional fee. In this case, no refunds will be issued, payment arrangements are the responsibility of the original registrant if needed