Intro to Crochet with Sarah
Join us for an introduction to crochet!
This workshop is great for beginners, those wanting to learn a new craft, or a great refresher course for those wanting to brush up on their skills. Learn from crochet expert, Sarah, as we get back to basics in the wonderful world of crochet!
Fridays, 9am-12pm for 4 weeks
February 2, 9, 16 and 23
In this class, you will learn the fundamentals of crochet:
- Learn about different yarn types and how to choose the right hook
- How to hold your tension
- How to make foundation chains, single, half double and double crochet stitches
- Introduction to reading patterns and charts
- Weaving in ends and finishing ideas
Sarah has been with the Sue Spargo team since July 2021 and has been a fabulous addition to our web team! Her ambition, creativity and bubbly personality radiate through Sue Spargo newsletters and social media posts, photography for our website, and is even stitched into some of the samples in our retail shop. When Sarah is not working, she enjoys spending time with her three daughters, stitching, sewing, crochet and photography.
Each workshop registration will receive an Intro to Crochet Starter Kit that includes all necessary supplies for this course:
- 5mm Crochet Hook
- Worsted weight yarn
- Crochet stitch guides
- Crochet stitch marker
Cancellation Policy for Classes and Events
Cancellation fees reflect the cost of registration, staff, instructor contracts, material acquisitions, and other services. This policy applies to all registrants, regardless of the reason for canceling. We encourage you to take our cancellation policies into consideration before registering for classes.
If you need to cancel your registration, you have the following options:
Registrants who cancel their enrollment in a workshop held in our Ohio studio may make a one-time transfer to any other workshop held in our studio.
- Transfers may be made either in the current workshop season, or any workshop in the following year. Transfers must be made more than 30 days prior to the workshop.
If you prefer not to transfer your workshop registration, the following fees apply:
- More than 60 days prior to the workshop, refund of your deposit minus a 20% cancellation fee.
- Less than 60 days prior to the workshop, no refunds will be issued.
Registrants are able to send someone in their place into the workshop for no additional fee. In this case, no refunds will be issued, payment arrangements are the responsibility of the original registrant if needed