Small Flower Vase - 3 Days
Small Flower Vase
With Sue Spargo
Join our 3 Day Studio Class!
Take inspiration from Sue's classic Indigo Vases and create your own colorful little flower vase block! Fill your vase of choice with embellished flowers, ruched stems, and embroidered leaves to make your one-of-a-kind spray of flowers! In this 3 day class, Sue will guide you through this experiment with silks, wools, and cotton applique and various stitching techniques. You'll have the option to create more than one block or go all out on one heavily embellished piece. Use your blocks as the beginnings to a quilt or finish a block into a unique wall hanging.
- 3 days of instruction from Sue
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dessert including coffee & tea
What You'll Learn in Class:
- Wool Applique
- Needle-turn Applique
- Ribbon Ruching
- Dorset Buttons & Domes
- English Paper-Piecing
- Loom Weaving
- Embroidery Stitches as featured in Creative Stitching
- And More!
- Freezer paper, pencil and paper scissors
- Embroidery and Fabric Scissors
- #10 Straw needles
- Assorted Needles such as - #24 and #18 Chenille, #3, #1, #15 Milliners Needles, #20 and #24 Tapestry, #9 and #11 Short Darner, #1 Long Milliners
- Crochet Hook and Knitting Needles (if you can crochet or knit)
- Efina 60wt cotton thread
- Ellana 50/50 wool thread for applique
- Clover applique pins
- Bohin glue stick pen
- Circle ruler
- Sewline Trio Chalk Pencil
- 3/16" and 1/4” hexagon papers
- Bracelet loome
- Yo-yo’s small and extra small
- Assorted small pieces of textural fabrics including silks, cotton, linen, cork fabric and wool in different colors for background, vases, and flowers
- Creative Stitching Book
- Journal and pen for note taking
- Bring an assortment of neutral and colorful embellishment threads for background and applique embellishment such as - Eleganza Perle Cotton, Razzle, Dazzle, House of Embroidery Perle Cotton, Shinju, Nami, Painter’s Braided Cotton, Painter’s Gimp, Painter’s Soft Cotton, Silk & Ivory, Straw Silk Fiber, Soie Perle Silk Thread and #11 Seed Beads for beading
Cancellation Policy for Classes and Events
Cancellation fees reflect the cost of registration, staff, instructor contracts, material acquisitions, and other services. This policy applies to all registrants, regardless of the reason for canceling. We encourage you to take our cancellation policies into consideration before registering for classes.
If you need to cancel your registration, you have the following options:
Registrants who cancel their enrollment in a workshop held in our Ohio studio may make a one-time transfer to any other workshop held in our studio.
- Transfers may be made either in the current workshop season, or any workshop in the following year. Transfers must be made more than 30 days prior to the workshop.
If you prefer not to transfer your workshop registration, the following fees apply:
- More than 60 days prior to the workshop, refund of your deposit minus a 20% cancellation fee.
- Less than 60 days prior to the workshop, no refunds will be issued.
Registrants are able to send someone in their place into the workshop for no additional fee. In this case, no refunds will be issued, payment arrangements are the responsibility of the original registrant if needed
Class is held in our Ohio Studio Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, February 22nd thru February 24th from 9am - 4pm.
Supplies are available for purchase in-store during class if not purchased ahead of time.
For suggestions for hotel accommodations and other questions, email Julia at firstname.lastname@example.org